KM Impact Challenge unConference
While many of us believe that more knowledge-driven programmatic approaches are inherently better, most of us are challenged to effectively measure results and demonstrate the impact of our investments in knowledge and learning. The KM Impact Challenge is a collaborative learning process that has brought together practitioners over recent months to describe and share their experiences in assessing their knowledge and learning initiatives. Read the case stories.
The KMIC unConference will convene an interdisciplinary group of KM and M&E practitioners with experience in measuring the impact of knowledge and learning activities, or a strong interest to do so in the future. Participants will come from diverse organizations such asinternational development agencies and foundations to smaller NGOs and independent consultants and represent experiences from a variety of sectors. This two-day event will blend formal, pre-programmed presentations with participant-led discussion sessions. An open-space component will encourage creative, collaborative and participant-led knowledge sharing.
Objectives of the event:
- Showcase practitioner experience measuring knowledge management and learning activities
- Analyze and accelerate learning around effective tools and approaches
- Strengthen connections within an emergent community of practitioners
- Develop an agenda for ongoing action
Some of the topics that will be discussed at the unConference include:
- Approaches to measure the application of knowledge
- Getting the right balance between quantitative and qualitative data
- Innovative uses of social media and web tools
- Measuring the effectiveness of online portals
- Mechanisms to compile and aggregate qualitative data
- Transparency and use of monitoring data
- Organizational Network Analysis
The unConference will also provide a space to strengthen connections within an emergent community of practitioners. It aims to foster a lively debate between practitioners around common challenges and accelerate learning around effective practice, documenting identified solutions and promising tools and approaches to share with practitioners around the globe. unConference participants will help develop an agenda for ongoing action to provide our community with clear sign posts of the shared journey ahead and to encourage ongoing collaboration.
Download the agenda. Please note that the agenda is not final. We encourage you to visit this page for any updates.